Saturday, January 28, 2012

Random Run-In


Saturday we hung out some more, Kate and I went to go get breakfast and I went grocery shopping in the market by myself.  I went down to the paradero and found a truck going up the hill.  I got in the front seat and someone asked me where I was from, in English!  I turned around and there was this sweet older American couple in the back.  Apparently the man had been a professor in Lima for a while and they had been doing a long trip through South America to visit old friends.  I ended up squeezed in the back with them and we chatted all the way up the mountain.  It was so wonderful to talk to American strangers!  It made me miss the U.S. a lot, and US manners and polite chit chat. 

Happy to report that the shit had been relocated to the hole when I got home Saturday afternoon.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment