Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cheese Ladies

I went to the health post to spend most of the day, and on my way back to my house, I hung up signs to advertise my English Class that I'll start teaching on Monday, January 9th.  One of the places I stopped to hang up a sign was at a little house type thing next to the school building.  It's actually a bit of an ingenious operation.  Many of the families in my town have milk, and they bring it to this little house and sell it to the women there, who then turn it into cheese, which they sell down in town.  I thought it would be a great place to hang up a sign, and they were happy to let me.  They invited me in to sit down and then, to my horror, brought me a giant bowl full of about 20 boiled potatoes (they didn't know about my attempts at portion control) and a plate of cheese.  It was very sweet, but I knew I couldn't eat it all.  Of course, when I ate about 10 boiled potatoes so as not to offend them, they were like, "Oh, you don't like it." OI!!!!  You can't persuade them that you just don't eat as much.  I hate feeling like I'm always hurting people's feelings, but I'm NOT going to eat pounds of potatoes a day to make them happy.

There were three little girls hanging out around the store and I talked to them a little bit.  They were adorably shy but kept staring at me.  Hopefully they will come to my class and we can move past the shyness.

I had the rest of the food bagged, took it home and handed it to Celina.  She laughed at me, and then asked if I wanted lunch.  Um. No thank you.

This has little in common with this entire post except for maybe the cheese, but I have the most ridiculous daily craving for American Pizza.  I'm thinking Ramuntos, the pizza place at home, with their bbq chicken pizza, or their garlic knot pizza with garlic knot crust, basil, tomatoes, garlic and cheese pizza.  I salivate so much thinking about it I'm afraid I'll choke.  When I got home in a year, I'm buying those two pizzas and eating them all on my own.  Wish I was kidding. anomnomnom

No comments:

Post a Comment