Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Lamest New Years of All Time

When I say the lamest New Years of all time, I mean the lamest new years of all time.  Watching the ball drop on the television would have been more of a celebration that what I did for the new year.  At 9:45pm, my family had dinner and I couldn't choke down a piece of it because I thought I was going to throw up.  After sitting there fore 15 minutes, I finally excused myself, went to my room, got in my bed, and fell asleep.  I woke up late the next morning, feeling better.

My host mom asked me how I was feeling, and then told me I was sick because my heart was sick because I missed my family.  I think it might have been the lunch she had made for me the day before, but I didn't say anything.

The most exciting thing that happened on New Year's day was that my host mom made me something for lunch with Spinach in it.  The Spinach happened to be fried in oil, but I didn't care, I'll take a vegetable in whatever form it comes.  She also put something on my plate and told me to try it.  I was excited because it looked like cut up mushrooms and we were on a vegetable roll!  Took a bite and it was super unpleasantly chewy, and had an aftertaste you would expect from an internal organ designed to deal with waste - Bull Kidneys.  Yeah. GROSS.

Like I said, lamest New Years ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment