Friday, January 27, 2012

Ellie's Birthday!


For Friday, I had called up all the 18ers to get them to come into Chota for Ellie’s birthday.  Ellie the volunteer, not Elly the health promoter.  A couple of the 16ers decided to come in too.  I was appalled to discover that the shit that had missed the hole was still there, no one had bothered to deal with it, and decided that if it was still there when I came back from Chota, I’d deal with it.

I started walking to Chota, and it started to rain.  I took some pictures on my way down too. 


'

View of Chota from halfway up my mountain







L-R: Barbara, Chelsey, Laura, Ellie, Diamond, Jennifer
An hour later, a bit damp, and relatively sweaty, I walked into Anita’s and found a bunch of familiar faces and felt immediately better.  We all hung out for a while, chatting, eating good food, and using the internet.  I had attempted to order a cake for Ellie’s birthday, but a 16er and I had gotten our lines crossed and we dropped the ball on that.  We bought two candles from the restaurant, and ordered the last three churros that they had made.  When the three Churros came, I told the waiter to put them next to me because we had to cut them up.  He actually said to me, “Are these all for you?!”  I wanted to smack him.  I miss American waiters.



Birthday Girl turns 23!



Ellie got to blow out her candles and we all got half a delicious churro. 




Happy Churro Face!


Later that afternoon, we wandered around a bit, mailed some things, and then we hung out in the Hostel for the rest of the afternoon getting clean and using the internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment