Friday, January 6, 2012

The Best Thing about 4PM in Chota

So, sometimes, if I'm lucky and happen to be in the neighborhood around 4PM, it's not Saturday, and Anita's Restaurant happens to be open, I can sometimes come upon the best thing about Chota at 4PM - CHURROS. You know those nasty, slightly chewy things that look like sugar covered sticks that you pull out of the hot boxes in ski lodges?  Yeah, they have the audacity to call those Churros, but let me tell you, you have never had a churro, until you've had a peruvian churro at Anita's.  They come fresh out of the oven, warm, are sprinkled with suger, soft and doughy on the inside, and filled with what tastes like dulce de leche, which is better than caramel.  They are delicious and this post is purely a tribute.  I know, I'm a fatty, I hear it all the time so I don't really care.  

Yeah yeah, I know what it looks like.  There's a reason I didn't take a picture of me eating it.
But don't knock it until you try it!  Don't come to visit me, come to try a churro! 

No comments:

Post a Comment