Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A day of drawing male and lady parts



I spent most of today drawing big and small diagrams of vaginas and penises. Well, I suppose I included the whole reproductive system…but drawing an external diagram of a vagina was really hard!  There is no good way to draw all that.  Now is probably about the time you’re wondering why…Wednesday is reproductive anatomy day in my Pasos Adelante class with the high school students.  I’m not going to lie, I’d been dreading that class since I realized two weeks ago that it was coming. 

Anyway, I made all the diagrams and went over the powerpoint presentation I had made for the health post workers to present my community diagnostic.  My presentation with the authorities was the next day.  I updated it a bit and spent some time grading the quizzes the kids took on self-esteem and values.  Everyone did pretty well, but it was clear that plenty of people had cheated off the review sheet I had given them.  I guess the punishment for cheating isn’t that severe here because the kids are really blatant about it.  It kind of makes me angry.  Ah well.

So I made my reproductive system diagrams and I was super super proud of them.  I can’t draw at all, and they came out actually resembling what I meant them to be though i'll admit some proportions were off....

      

Smaller version for class activity - i think this one is better than the big one

little lady parts 

It was one of those days I was really thankful for a lock on the inside of my door, so that someone wouldn't just open it and find me drawing these things...I'm not sure that would have gone over well...


No comments:

Post a Comment