Friday, February 10, 2012

By Candlelight


I had a slow morning, but went into the health post and spent a large chunk of time reading a book on how to train health promoters, and taking notes so that I can teach the health promoter trainer in Cabracancha, how to train her health promoters, and also make sure I do a good job training them myself.  Elly, the lady from Cabracancha, had called me back that morning at 7:30.  Six times.  I had not picked up.  However, she left a message in response to my calls about when we were going to get together to prepare the next health promoter training session.  She had not answered my calls for about a week, and her message said she wasn’t even in town.  She didn’t say when she’d be getting back, nor did she reschedule.  I was sort of irritated because we had picked this weekend to work on it because I will be traveling next weekend.  Still haven’t managed to get a hold of her again. 

Came home, worked out, entered survey data onto my Excel sheets, and then our power went out.  It has been a while since our power went out, and I usually kind of like it for an evening.  It’s not ideal, but I like eating dinner with everyone by candlelight.  There is something sort of magical about sitting around a table and everyone’s faces glowing from the candle in the center of the table.  It feels homier.  Lucky for me, by the time dinner was over and I had located the flashlight in my room (my headlamp batteries died and I can’t seem to find the batteries I need, nor can I open the headlamp to replace the batteries), the lights came back on.  I watched a couple episodes of Mad Men and then went to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment