Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Glory of a Greeting

After my various interactions with the kids at the Primary school to advertise my upcoming English Class (beginning on Monday, January 9th), the kids have begun to learn my name.  There is no greater joy in my day than when I walk by a kid in the street and they greet me.

"Buenos Días, Señorita Hayden."
"Hola Profesora!"

It's getting more and more common, and each time it brings a huge smile to my face.  Little things, I actually say to myself in my head, to force the full acknowledgment of the great moment, "that completely made my day."  I only hope that after their curiosity is satisfied, I will have replaced it with a kind of affection...though given my blatant whiteness, there is a chance that curiosity will never be satisfied.  We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment