Sunday, May 8, 2011

Things I love and hate.

I thought for a while about coming up with something epic to start my blog with but it was just too much pressure, and too much effort to come up with something profound on command.  Instead, as usually happens, I found my inspiration while procrastinating finishing my book.  It is a simple list, and is not insightful or profound, and will probably serve as a relatively shitty start for anyone I manage to coax into reading this thing, but it is real, and raw, and ridiculous...which is how I like to think I live my life.  (Oh, that is kind of profound!...maybe?...ok, fine, not really. But I still like the new RRR policy...might use that as a new life mantra.)

Anyway. On to the list. It is done in Kappa style.  I've been taught to always start with a positive and end on a positive, and just to show off, I've decided to end on two positives. So there.

1. I absolutely love it when I am doing dishes with the dial soap we have in our kitchen, and for whatever reason tiny little bubbles escape the sponge and float off into the air. It makes me so happy.

2. I am literally disgusted by few things more than I am by a dirty kitchen.  Our kitchen... was disgusting.  I walked in there and I couldn't leave without scrubbing it down.  I feel like people lose sight of the fact that those dishes you seem incapable of cleaning well will hold your food AGAIN. That counter top you leave food tidbits on to dry will eventually be used to prepare your next round of food.  That sink you toss your used dishes into will eventually fill, and then what will you do (if I don't clean them first)?  I washed all those dishes, I scrubbed that counter and stove top, I emptied that sink.  I am a champ.

3. I LOVE a spotless kitchen.  There is nothing nicer than a clean kitchen.  It's so pretty, and sanitary, and sparkly.

4. I ALSO love a glass of wine as a reward after I have cleaned a dirty kitchen.

I'll be honest, cleaning the kitchen up after other people makes me feel like the nicest person in the world, even if I have thought mean things towards the people who left them there while I scrub their dried moldy food out of dishes they thought they had cleaned and already put in the drying rack.  I am great.

The end.   :)

1 comment:

  1. My roommates in Bath never cleaned the kitchen, so I know EXACTLY what you mean. You definitely feel like you are the nicest person in the world after cleaning the sink and counters up after other people. :)

    ReplyDelete