Saturday, September 17, 2011

Safely Landed

I just wanted to post quickly and let you all know that I made it safely to Peru!  We got in at 1 am last night (2 am home time) absolutely exhausted.  We are finally here at a little retreat center for today and half of tomorrow, and then our host families show up and we are off to our new homes for the next 10 weeks.  I have already begun to adore all my fellow Peace Corps volunteers, and have been so enthusiastically welcomed by all the Peace Corps training staff.  Everyone is so down to earth, so fun, and so kind.  I can't believe how at home I feel with them all already.

I know things are going to get harder and I'm not going to be with all these people forever during my service, but I can't even believe how happy I am right now.  I'm so excited about all of this, a little anxious about how I'm going to make a difference, but so content and confident and comfortable.  Que suerte!

Love you all. I'll give you a longer update on all my adventures once I have purchased a power cord adapter for the outlets here!

xo

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see that you made it safely to Peru! I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete